Thursday, July 30, 2015

Open House

Open House...exciting!! It's the start of a new school year and it's time to meet all of the bright and shining faces that you are about to spend every single day with for the next year. Not to mention, all of the former students who stop by to show some love and make me feel like a ROCK STAR. Man, I love those kids! The preparation is exhausting...but it's so great! Here's a little peak at my Open House.
Here is what my students found on their desks this year. They just LOVED it when I read the tag to them (of course with exaggerated enthusiasm). Nothing beats seeing those grins stretch from ear to ear for the first time. I snagged the super cool tag "My Future is so BRIGHT I've got to wear sunglasses" from Hope King's TpT store. Check it out here! https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Hope-King
The back to school confetti isn't new. I did that last year as well. I tell the students to put the bag of the magic confetti under their pillow the night before first grade and it will take away all of the nervous feelings. I'm super proud of my presh parent brochure. It gives lots of great information about how our classroom will run.

The Giving Tree is something I've done since the beginning of time. I think I stole this idea when I was student teaching. I made the adorable printable apples. I just tape them up there for the parents to "pick" which donations they would like to make to the classroom. You can get these printable apples from my TpT store. :) Click the picture link below.
 
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/The-Giving-Tree-apples-for-donations-1996475
 

No comments:

Post a Comment